How can you get involved?
Be an active part of the CoastSmart Network. Encourage people to visit the CoastSmart website to learn how to avoid getting into trouble and know what to do if they find themselves unexpectedly in the water. This website features a quiz earning people a digital badge upon successful completion, interactive experiences, safety advice, real-life stories, and campaign videos.
- Promote the CoastSmart campaign and website with a link or web button or banner on your own website. As a member of the CoastSmart network, we will list your business and include a link back to your website. (recriprocal link request form)
- Talk to friends, colleagues, customers, and family about the campaign. Give them the web address, a rack card, or other CoastSmart resource to help them spread the message for us.
- Retweet, like, post and share our CoastSmart stories on your social channels. Include safety advice and use the hashtag #CoastSmart on your own posts.
- Share local promotional opportunities. For example, tell your organization about rescue stories that are relevant to the campaign and may be of interest to local media.
- Include CoastSmart safety messages and campaign tools in other events or activities you have planned – and download any resources that will help you.
Who created CoastSmart?
The pilot is led by Parks Canada, the District of Tofino and the District of Ucluelet and was made possible by funding from the Government of Canada. CoastSmart is supported by a network of local businesses and by our education partner, AdventureSmart.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org