Campaign Resources for the CoastSmart Network
Find all you need to make the CoastSmart campaign as successful as possible. Together we can reduce coastal drowning and save more lives at sea.
What is CoastSmart?
CoastSmart is a pilot project in the Pacific Rim region of British Columbia designed to enhance coastal safety along the shoreline and in the surfzone. CoastSmart is a communication and education campaign which highlights the hazards at beaches along the coastline between Tofino and Ucluelet, helps people avoid those hazards and provides advice to keep people safe as they enjoy coastal recreation.
What can you do to help?
Be an active part of the CoastSmart Network. Encourage people to visit the CoastSmart website to learn how to avoid getting into trouble and know what to do if they find themselves unexpectedly in the water. This website features a quiz earning people a digital badge upon successful completion, interactive experiences, safety advice, real-life stories, and campaign videos.
- Promote the CoastSmart campaign and website with a link or web button or banner on your own website. As a member of the CoastSmart network, we will list your business and include a link back to your website. (recriprocal link request form)
- Talk to friends, colleagues, customers, and family about the campaign. Give them the web address, a rack card, or other CoastSmart resource to help them spread the message for us.
- Retweet, like, post and share our CoastSmart stories on your social channels. Include safety advice and use the hashtag #CoastSmart on your own posts.
- Share local promotional opportunities. For example, tell your organization about rescue stories that are relevant to the campaign and may be of interest to local media.
- Include CoastSmart safety messages and campaign tools in other events or activities you have planned – and download any resources from this page that will help you.