YOUR COASTAL ADVENTURE BEGINS WITH THE THREE T’S
- Plan your time. Don’t get trapped by high tides.
- Know where you are going. Check beach signs for your location.
- Know the terrain and check the weather and wave forecasts.
- Take a lesson.
- Learn about the hazards and how to mitigate them.
- Review this website for safety tips.
TAKING THE ESSENTIALS
- Take a communications device (phone, personal locator beacon, VHF radio).
- Bring the essentials (water, food, warm and weather proof clothing, appropriate footwear, flashlight).
- Considering the hazards, take appropriate equipment for the activity (wetsuit, personal floatation device).